However, the Netgear Router Password is similar to each model. It does not mean that it will remain by default for everyone. Once you have obtained the initial Netgear Setup, then you can change the password for an unauthorized access for Netgear setting as well as for Wi-Fi Connection. On talking about the Netgear Password, are sometimes taken as same for Router or Wi-Fi but these are not similar, take a look forward:
Netgear Router Password
Netgear Router Password enables to secure your data in the router, Netgear setup, modify the changes in router features such as parental control, Wi-Fi accessibility changes, guest network allowance, wireless password changes and so on.
Wireless Router password
Wireless Router Password enables the users to secure the internet data usage from unauthorized user’s access. If everyone is known to your Wi-Fi password, they can easily connect to your connection and use the internet data keep on increasing your data usage charges.
How to Protect Netgear Router Password:
- Access ‘Browser’ on your device
- Write either ‘routerlogin.net’ or ‘http://192.168.1.1’
- Fill the login details ‘admin’ in case sensitive for both username and password unless you changed it previously.
- Click on ‘Log-in’
- Go to the ‘Menu Menu’
- Under the ‘Maintenance’ click on ‘Set Password’
- Old password must be the admin as you have not changed it previously if you have changed it ever then type the respective old password.
- Set a New password that you want to secure for router access.
- Again type the New password
- Click on the ‘Apply’ option.
- Wait for some seconds, the router will restart.
How to Secure Netgear Wireless Password
Following the Netgear Router Login when you have reached the interface then follow the below step:-
- Click on the ‘Main Menu’
- Under the ‘Setup’, click on the ‘Wireless Settings’
- Under the ‘Wireless Network’ Name (SSID) is your Wireless Network Name. You can change this to your personal name.
- Under the ‘Security Options’
- Click on ‘WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)’
- Go to the ‘Security Encryption (WPA-PSK)’ at the end of this page.
- The passphrase is your Wi-Fi Password. You need to change it with an appropriate password that nobody can access.
- Don’t forget to click on ‘Apply’ required to save the changes.
How to Verify the Changes:
- First of all, open your Wi–Fi connectivity Manager.
- Find the name of your Wi-Fi Name you changed from Netgear to another name and click on this.
- Security option will appear, type the password that you changed recently for your Wi-Fi security and click on ‘Log-in’.
- Browser > routerlogin.net or IP address > type the changed password > click on ‘Log-in’. Surely, it will work.
Netgear Router Password and wireless Wi-Fi password has been changed, to see the changes once again, you can also access the device of anyone else. Next time, be careful to make the change.
The flexibility of router feature is at one point if you fail to remember the password, simply access Reset Router and get ready with default settings.