Reset your routerlogin Wi-Fi password is a matter of Netgear Router data security. Router security means the security of your internet and connectivity which affect to the monthly usage charges that you pay to your Internet Service Provider. In case you neglect your wireless router security without protecting any password, your device will get on the potential threat. Access to your router by anyone affect your data, speed, Netgear Setup and viral of personal data. As we have discussed above the need of your Router Security, it is important to change Wi-Fi password now. The process will start like that
Follow These Steps to Change Routerlogin Wi-Fi Password
- Open your device’s Wi-Fi connecting manager. In PC, this option appears to the left side.
- Most probably, the Wi-Fi device name is showing the ‘Netgear’.
- Click on the ‘Netgear’
- Password or Security Key will appear, write the security key as you saved last.
- It may take some time, and finally will show ‘connected’.
- Open the browser (Mozilla, Google Chrome, Apple, Safari, etc.)
- Write routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1.
- Press ‘Enter’
- Routerlogin details will appear
- Confirm the username and password. If you changed then write the previously saved or if you never changed then go with default ‘admin’.
- Click on the ‘Log-in’ option.
- Netgear Router Basic home page will display on your screen.
- Click the ‘Wireless’ option.
- Under the ‘Wireless Network’ option, click on the ‘Enable SSID Broadcast’ checkbox.
- Next option is showing ‘Name (SSID)’ in front of this you can change the new Wi-Fi username with any name.
- Under the ‘Security Options’ click on WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Below is showing ‘Password (Network Key): change the password according to your choice.
- Your password should be strong enough. You can involve alphanumeric characters for strong password.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
- You can restart your devices or can refresh once.
- To check the changes, again go the ‘Wi-Fi connectivity network’.
- Find, there must be showing the name that you recently changed at the place of ‘Name (SSID)’, click on this
- Next option will be showing ‘Security Key’, click on this option and type the password that you recently changed at the place of ‘Password (Network Key)’
- Press enter and your Wi-Fi password has been changed successfully.
Thus the change in routerlogin Wi-Fi password allows the security of the personal data ensuring a personal password but remember this password for future login.