Once you obtain a new NETGEAR Routerlogin, it’s configured with factory default settings. By using the neighborhood web address routerlogin.net to get into your router’s interface, the user name is admin and the default password is admin.
If you are unable to log into your Routerlogin:
- Connect a PC and a modem directly having an Ethernet cable, by putting the result in one of four router LAN ports. Check that both ends are secure.
- Check the Internet LED is on, if it’s not, troubleshoot the light status.
- The LED’s for the ports with cables should lit. If they’re not, try to move the cable to another port. If you will find no light, then troubleshoot the light status.
- LED on the Ethernet adapter should lit. When it is not, then troubleshoot the adapter.
- Select START> RUN. Type cmd. TYPE ping 192.168.1.1.
- If message “Request timed out,” displays on the screen then type ping 192.168.0.1.If the message persists then it means that your personal computer isn’t building a link to the router.
- If a message does not persist then your personal computer is linked to the router:
- Ensure proxies aren’t enabled. If using Internet Explorer, then select Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > unchecked “Work with a proxy server for the LAN”.
- Delete all offline content and then click on ‘OK’.
- Try accessing with a different computer or with a different browser.
- Power off the router and then again do power on.
- If still you are not able to get into routerlogin, then :
- Launch an internet browser from the computer or mobile device that’s linked to your router’s network.
- Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- A login window opens.
- Enter the router username and password.
- Check the computer’s IP address and DHCP.
If issue persists with above steps then follow:
- On the trunk of your Router, locate the Restore Factory Settings or Reset
- Press and hold the Restore Factory Settings or Reset button for around 10 seconds.
- Release the Restore Factory Settings or reset Button and then Reboot your Netgear Router and again go to routerlogin.net admin page following the default settings.
Make sure when you again go to with Netgear Setup follow the each step carefully. If you change the password or then make sure to save it otherwise you may get problem to access Routerlogin as well as keep your firmware updated to secure from errors.